* A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway
* There is nothing better than the encouragement of a good friend.
* A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else.
* A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself.
* It’s the ones you can call up at 4:00 a.m. that really matter.
* Misfortune shows those who are not really friends.
* Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends.
* Never explain–your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.
* Nothing changes your opinion of a friend so surely as success – yours or his.
* Never refuse any advance of friendship, for if nine out of ten bring you nothing, one alone may repay you.
I can’t give solutions to all of life’s problems, doubts, or fears.
But I can listen to you and together we will search for answers.
I can’t change your past with all its heartache and pain,
Nor the future with its untold stories.
But I can be there now when you need me to care.
I can’t keep your feet from stumbling.
I can only offer my hand that you may grasp it and not fall.
Your joys, triumphs, success, and happiness are not mine;
Yet I can share in your laughter.
Your decisions in life are not mine to make, nor to judge;
I can only support you, encourage you, and help you when you ask.
I can’t prevent you from falling away from friendship, from your values, from me.
I can only pray for you, talk to you, and wait for you.
I can’t give you boundaries which I have determined for you,
But I can give you the room to change, room to grow, room to be yourself.
I can’t keep your heart from breaking and hurting,
But I can cry with you and help you pick up the pieces and put them back in place.
I can’t tell you who you are.
I can only be your friend.